Friday, January 30, 2015

The Call

I am sure that most of y'all saw the exciting news on our facebook page. We got a phone call on Wednesday from our adoption agency and I wanted to fill you all in on the details!

A little over 2 weeks ago while talking to our caseworker, Ashley, at the agency she informed me that there were 2 birth mom's due in March and they would probably be looking at our profile book the 1st or 2nd week of Feb. Over the past 2 weeks I have tried my best and resisted the urge to call for an update because I knew she would call when she knew something.

Most of the time while I am at school I have little to no signal and even less time to talk so when Ashley has an update she texts me, "Call when you can". Honestly when she text me Wednesday I didn't think much of it. I figured she was just checking in because, remember, the last thing I knew was that the birth moms were not going to be looking at our profile book until the 1st or 2nd week of Feb. I got the text after school and instead of calling right away I finished working on some lesson plans because I was not expecting any big news. Boy was I WrOnG!!!!!

As you can imagine, I can not remember the exact conversation because my mind was RACING but it went something like this .... (I'm changing the birth mom's name to "D" for privacy reason).

Ashley: Hi, How are you doing?

Me: Fine.

Ashley: D came in yesterday just to check in and we decided to let her check out the 3 books we had set aside for her. D is really hoping that you and Chris want to be the parents of her baby!

**At this point I was speechless and my eyes FILLED/overflowed with tears.

Me: Of Course!!

Ashley: I am going to read you what she text me right after she left our office with your book:
"I cried when I read Chris and Beth's book, its so weird but I feel like they may be the ones, already. I can see them and their family and friends loving this baby so much, as much as I do. I think they may be his parents. Is that weird to think that already?"

Ashley: I told her that is not weird at all and that is usually how it works! I asked her to sleep on it and get back to me tomorrow. This is the text she sent this morning:
"I cried because I want them to get what they want so bad, they seem like really amazing people. And as much as I want to be his parent and take care of him and give him the things he needs in life, I know that I can't but maybe they can do for him and give him everything he'll ever need or want. They love each other so much and all of the kids that are in their lives. I can only imagine how much he would be loved and how grateful they would be to be his parents. I love him so much. I want to give him to two people that are going to understand just how much I love him and how grateful I am to have carried him for 9 months and they will be kind of like my messengers, you know, and show him all that I feel, just through themselves."

That was BY FAR the best phone call I have ever received!!

After Ashley got off the phone with me she called D to let her know how excited we were and this was her responds:
"Awwww I'm crying! I'm so happy that they're happy, more confirmation that this is soooooo the best decision and they are def. the right choice for my baby. Now I can't wait for March for them to meet him."


Now, legally D has a little over 48 hours after the baby is born to change her mind but Ashley feels that with the counseling she has received and after working with her for several months she is set on adoption. Ashley feels so confident that when I asked, "What do we do now" she said, "Go home and set up that nursery!" Ashley also said that does want us there when he is born. We will get to wait in a room right next to the delivery room so we will get to meet OUR baby right after he is born!!!

So what's next???
We will Skype with D between now and her due date in order to get to know her and for her to get to know us better. Together with the agency we will work through the legal, medical and timing details of it all.

Now we need YOUR help!! 
We are about $8,500.00 away from our goal of $30,000 so here are 4 different ways you can help us bring baby Dallas home ...

So far we have sold 114 shirts!!!
I will be taking orders until FRIDAY, FEB 6th!
Shout out to fabulous blogger: Bethe, thank you for helping to spread the word!!

Click on the link them click Shop & Support
We will get a percentage of what is purchased.
Click here for the details

3. Pancake Breakfast
Mark your calenders!!!!!

4. Make a donations on our You Caring page!

As always, THANK YOU for the love and support! 
Keep those prayers coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment