Thursday, October 10, 2013

A Little Encouragement

I can't remember where or when I read this but I saved it to my phone and I have read over it many times and it still amazes me how God works through people that we as humans would not expect to be able accomplish anything great because of their pasts or their hang ups.

"I'm not perfect. I have all kinds of problems. I have no ability. I have no gifts. I'm just not worthy. 

Why would God want me?

Well, did you know that:
Moses stuttered.
David's armor didn't fit.
Timothy had ulcers.
Hosea's wife was a prostitute.
Jacob was a liar.
David had an affair.
Solomon was too rich.
Jesus was too poor.
Abraham was too old.
David was too young.
Peter was afraid of death.
Lazarus was dead.
John was self-righteous.
Naomi was a widow.
Moses was a murderer.
Jonah ran from God's will.
Gideon and Thomas both doubted.
Jeremiah was depressed and suicidal.
John the Baptist was a loudmouth.
Martha was a worry-wart.
Noah was a drunk.
Did I mention that Moses had a short fuse? So did Peter, Paul - well, lots of folks did."


So to answer the question: Why would God want me?
God wants you because he LOVES you no matter what you have done or will ever do and if you are willing (notice, no where does it says you have perfect, just willing) God can and will use you to do some pretty amazing thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment