Saturday, August 17, 2013

Unplugged

I have to admit Chris and I are pretty addicted to our phones. I use mine for texting, calling, devotions, Facebook, twitter, instagram, candy crush, it's my calender, it's my alarm, emails (work and personal), it where I put things I don't want to forget, and the list goes on . . . I use it a LOT! 

The other evening Chris and I were getting ready for bed. I was sitting in bed messing around on my phone and Chris was brushing his teeth. 
When he finished he looked at me and said, "Okay, I want us to try something new. Whenever we are both home together our phones are off limits. The only reason we can use is if it's an important phone call or text or work related(and just CAN'T wait)!"

So that was the plan. We have had our phones pretty much off each evening for the past 3 days and it has been great! We are able to talk to each other and spend time together distraction free. 
When Chris 1st suggested it he said we should just try to for a week but I at this point I don't know any reason for going back.

You should give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment