Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The #1 Question . . .

The "#1 Question" that I have been asked more in the past year than any other is . . .

"So, when are y'all having kids?"
*this question usually comes with the awkward look at my tummy or a wink  :)

So here is the answer: 
I truly believe that it isn't God's timing for us, yet. :) 
For those of you that have known me for any amount of time know that I LOVE kids and I am very much looking forward to the day that I will be a mom, but for now, I'm good!  Yes, it has taken LOTS of prayer and arguing with God about how I wanted things to go in my life for me to get to this point (click here - this older blog explains more) but, since I have stopped trying to make things go my way and turn a lot over to God I have had a peace! There are times when I'm around babies or  pregnant ladies that I go home and through a little pity party for myself and wonder, "Why not me!" but when I get frustrated I remember this verse . . .  
Ecclesiastes 3:1  "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens..."
and I know that God timing is ALWAYS best!

As for those moments that I just need a "baby fix" I can go to work and I am instantly surrounded but hundreds of kids or I can go to church where I can rock a baby in the nursery or teach them about Jesus in Patch Club, or I can love on any of my nieces and nephews :) 

 God knew what he was doing when he surrounded me the hundreds of kids to love that aren't even mine! All I can say is, with all this practice, I am going to prepared when the time does come! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment