Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2012 Goals

#1. Commit to the Lord! I want to become so committed to God that I turn to him as soon as I begin to worrying about the future. As I was reading the bible the other day I came across this verse, Proverbs 16:3. It really stuck out to me so I decided that it would be my verse for 2012!
"Commit to the Lord whatever you do and He will establish your plans." - Proverbs 16:3

#2 Be more Organized! Some of you might laugh at this because I am a clean freak. When you walk in the house or my room things look pretty organized and clean but if you dare to open my cabinets, closet, dresser, or look under my nightstand you might be surprised! Well, I'm working on it! Believe me it is driving me crazy just thinking about it but when I'm in a hurry those are my "catch-all" places and things are starting to pile up!

#3 Be more involved in my church! For someone looking in I might already seemed very involved between nursery leader, Patch Club teacher, singing on the worship team and more but I don't feel that I am completely and totally giving each thing my all! I am taking a closer look at what I am doing in each ministry and how I can do it better! I want to find ways that I can use the gifts and talents that I have been given to glorify God!
"...Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31 

#4 Be a better Aunt! I have 7 nieces and nephews and some I see a LOT more than others. I really want to change that this year! I love each and every one of them so much, even the non-biological ones :)!
Jocelyn and Laila absolutely LOVE their Uncle Tiss but we really don't see them that often, Levi is growing up so fast and I don't want to miss anything, and I love being able to take Brody, Baxlyn, Kylee, & Korbin anytime I can to give Heather a break. I have so many reason to get more involved now I just need to do it!
So here is my plan . . . throughout this year I want each of them to have multiple Uncle Tiss & Aunt Bethie days!

 I am purposely keeping my list short. I want to be able to take the time and focus on each of these goals so that I can make some real & fun changes in my life!

God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. Great goals! I'm sure you'll do great! Good idea on keeping the list short as well!

    ReplyDelete